Policy for the Differently Abled
PROVISIONS UNDER THE POLICY
- To ensure reservation of 3% of seats in each category across all Courses of Study for Persons with Disability.
- To ensure admission of students with disability through the reservation of seats meant for them.
- To ensure extra time at the time of examinations as stipulated by the University of North Bengal.
- To sensitise students and teachers towards needs of Persons with Disability.
- To organise awareness programmes to develop a positive attitude towards persons with disability.
- To organize Remedial Classes for Persons with Disability.
FACILITIES FOR THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED
- Medical Equipment like Blood Pressure monitoring machine, Weighing Scale, Sick Bed and First Aid Kit are made available in the College.
- The College provides a wheel chair. It also has a ramp and hand rails.
- Separate toilet has been made available for Persons with Disability. The toilet is easily accessible. The needs of people with disabilities were especially taken into consideration when constructing the toilet.
- People with disabilities can appear for their examination in a room on the ground floor that is designated just for them.
- With approval from the University of North Bengal, the College allows scribes for the differently able students at the time of examination.
- Differently able students are allowed an extra time of 20 minutes per hour to complete their examination.
To download the Policy Document, CLICK HERE.